It has been a while since I last tinkered the idea of forming a group discussion for Indonesians. The idea was actually shaped by constant exposure to Indonesia. On several occasions I had the privilege to encountered opportunities to listen and digest information about Indonesia. However, it wasn't until last year that I got very serious in entertaining the idea.
Last year, I had the chance to visit Indonesia and travelled to Makasar to witness Pilkada in action. I honestly forgotten the candidates for that area but I remember vividly every single people that I met: Bank director, Makasar vice governor, business owners, trishaw puller, and politician. They all voiced their concerns and each contributed their opinion in terms of how they view Makasar's politics. I was so excited to learn new things but at that time I don't know how to interpret their opinions and perspectives. One of my friends told me that the politician was not speaking the truth but I was actually swayed by his generosity and tack in putting his words in congruent sentences. At best that experience taught me how much I don't know about politics.
Ok!! I might have got ahead of myself. I should have explained why I speak about politics in this blog posting.
Honestly, I know more about politics today than I was a year ago. I'm pretty much an apprentice in the area of politics. However, the topic have invigorated passion in my soul because I understand how it affects people's lives. The policies that the government put in place in a certain area can help or destroy people that need to adopt the policies. One example, the policy of oil subsidies in Indonesia. The policy has helped Indonesian in having a oil price stability. Businesses can predict their consumption judiciously due to the stability. The poor can afford to pay for oil to generate more income for their households. So In short, politics is the art to govern a country or an organization. It includes influence, power, strategy, thoughts, ideas, sincerity and many other traits that actually required in connecting with other people relationaly. To put one sentence on politics is to emboss the word Leadership.
Anyway, I'm meeting with a couple of people pretty soon to discuss about the issue of politics in Indonesia and what can be done to influence Indonesians at Columbus. I seriously hope that my dream , which I believe is the same dream for these people I'm meeting with, to see more and more Indonesian intelectuals care about Indonesia will come true.
Stay tune.... I'll post the updates soon.
0 comments
Post a Comment